With an overwhelming number of online deals, knowing where to find the best prices and tracking hourly sales is tricky. Here are some tips to get the most use from your digital dollar.
Best Cyber Monday Buys
- Apparel: Look for free shipping offers plus site-wide savings of up to 60 percent from a host of apparel brands including Express, Carter's, Joe's Jeans, Kenneth Cole, J. Jill and more.
- Shoes: Like apparel, shoes are a popular Cyber deal with stores like Famous Footwear offering the deepest discounts of the year. Look for free delivery as well as BOGO savings from online shoe stores.
- Toys: Experts agree toys are a better buy after Black , with brands like Mattel and Fisher-Price offering delivery deals and site-wide sales of up to 30-percent off.
- Beauty Products: Stock up on cosmetics and skincare items at a discount for yourself and as gifts. In addition to deals from specialty retailers like Sephora and Ulta, look for savings from specific beauty brands like Clinique.
- Travel: An oft-overlooked deal on Cyber Monday, hotels, airlines, booking sites and other travel companies woo customers with discounts. For example, Starwood Hotels and Resorts is already offering savings of up to 50 percent on over 1,00 properties (blackout dates apply), while Red Roof Inn is offering up to 30-percent off stays through .
- Shop Safe: Never use public Wifi for online shopping as hackers can easily steal your payment info. Check the reputability of the sites you're shopping with at ResellerRatings.com or BizRate.com.
- Take Advantage of Early Savings: Walmart is launching its Cyber deals starting at on Sunday, Nov. 29, while Target is continuing its 10 Days of Deals through . Start browsing and snag early-bird deals. Plus, fill up your cart with coveted items and store payment info for quick checkout.
- Know Price Histories: Like brick-and-mortar stores, online retailers will often inflate the original cost of an item to make their CyberPricespider.com to ensure you're getting a good deal, and try CamelCamelCamel.com for price histories of products sold by Amazon. discount seem like a steal. Use
- Compare Offers: Find a comprehensive list of Cyber CouponSherpa.com which aggregates top deals all in one spot for fast reference. deals and promo codes at sites like
- Think Fast with Doorbusters: If you've got an online doorbuster on your list, don't let it languish in your shopping cart while you browse for other products. It might be gone when you're ready to check out. Buy it immediately, then head back to shop for other items.
- Review Return Policies: Review return policies so there's no surprise fees if you're dissatisfied with a purchase. You can snag free return shipping when you checkout with your PayPal account, or enjoy a no-risk money guarantee plus free shipping both ways from eBay.
Andrea Woroch is a money-saving expert who transforms everyday consumers into savvy shoppers by sharing smart spending tips and personal finance advice. As a sought-after media source, she has been featured among such top news outlets as Good Morning America, Today, CNN, Dr. OZ, New York Times, MONEY Magazine, Consumer Reports, Forbes and many more. In addition, Andrea's stories have been published among leading publications and sites such as Yahoo!, AOL Daily Finance, CNN.com, Huffington Post, LearnVest and New York Daily News. Check out Andrea's demo reel or visit her website at AndreaWoroch.com for more information about booking an interview or requesting an original written article. You can also follow her on Twitter or Facebook for daily money tips.